What We Do
As the intelligent source for facilitation services and solutions, FindaFacilitator.com provides a wealth of information for choosing the facilitator best suited to your needs. Our approach to conducting excellence in facilitation makes the most of this powerful resource. To help alleviate some of the work accompanied with searching for the perfect facilitator, you can also pick up the phone and call our Client Relationship Management Team. 800.824.2850.
The following is how we deliver the best search results for you (also in a printable format here):
- We define your need.
- We add one criterion at a time during the facilitation services search process.
- We review each facilitator’s detail records.
- We identify more than one facilitator to contact to account for scheduling conflicts.
- We carefully anticipate the number of billable days to be 1.5 to 3 times the length of the session.
- We help you select the group facilitator with whom you feel the greatest level of comfort.
- We communicate with the facilitator every step of the way.
- We ask for your honest feedback on your experience.
1. We define your need.
We will get you a better result by formulating and defining your facilitation services need first. With a clear picture of your requirements, you will easily narrow down the options and focus on the criteria most relevant for your organization and event.
You can contact a Client Relationship Manager for help at 800.824.2850.
2. We add one criterion at a time during the facilitation services search process.
Suppose you are having a strategic planning session in Atlanta, and you can afford a daily billing rate of up to $3,000. Your most important criteria might be strategic planning experience, followed by location (Atlanta-based), and then billing rate.
In this case, our Client Relationship Manager can assist with the start of the search by simply entering “Strategic Planning” as the primary service area. If you receive a small enough subset, you might be satisfied, or, if not, we can easily narrow down the search to try “Strategic Planning” and metro area “Atlanta.”
Based on the second search you might be comfortable selecting facilitators from the list. But if there are still too many from which to choose, use the back-arrow key again to now try “Strategic Planning,” “Atlanta,” and a maximum billing rate of $3,000/day
Remember, you always have the option of letting a Relationship Manager handle the search and selection for you.
3. We review each facilitator’s detail records.
Once a suitable list of facilitators is ready for selections, we review the detail records for each facilitator, paying close attention to the following:
- The certification level (e.g., Certified Master, Provisional Master)
- The self-rating for the service you need (e.g., strategic planning)
- The feedback from other clients
- The facilitation style of the facilitator
4. We identify more than one facilitator to contact to account for scheduling conflicts.
Many facilitators are scheduled out months in advance. We identify two or three candidates so you will have a backup if one facilitator is unavailable on the dates you need.
FindaFacilitator.com will send an e-mail to those facilitators you identify. The facilitators are expected to contact you within 48 hours.
5. We carefully anticipate the number of billable days to be 1.5 to 3 times the length of the session.
Preparation is an important part of a facilitated activity. A one-day session will likely require a half-day to two-days of planning and preparation. Realizing this, we make sure to include facilitator preparation time when estimating costs.
In addition, it is customary for facilitators to charge for travel time if travel is required outside their metropolitan area. Travel time is typically charged at a significantly reduced rate.
6. We help you select the group facilitator with whom you feel the greatest level of comfort.
Once your most important qualifications are satisfied, it may come down to “soft” factors that are difficult to quantify. Do not discount the importance of communication style, level of professionalism, the fit for your audience, and other factors that will make the difference in terms of your event.
7. We communicate with the facilitator every step of the way.
Then, one of our Client Relationship Mangers will contact you to provide you with a recommendation on the right facilitator to satisfy your business needs.
Our Client Relationship Managers keep the communication lines open with early feedback on concerns and information on scope or logistic changes.
8. We ask for your honest feedback on your experience.
Once the assignment is completed, a Client Relationship Manager will contact you for feedback on the facilitator’s performance. Your open and honest feedback serves as valuable information for other clients, and helps promote a positive, helpful experience for everyone.
For details on choosing the facilitator best suited to your needs, call our Client Relationship Management Team at 800.824.2850.